Friday, February 01, 2008

LOST

Lost is back! Last night's episode started things off with a bang and I have faith that it's going to be pure adrenaline from now til the end of the show. SPOILER ALERT:


Don't keep reading if you haven't watched the show. I think this flash forward thing is amazing. You can see now why the writers were adamant that they were never going to abandon the "flashbacks" on the show. Knowing what happens, but not knowing how, has ramped up the tension and I love it. My favorite moment of last night's ep was seeing Lance Reddick. He was great on the Wire and I'm hopeful that he'll play an important part in the flash forwards. I really hope that LOST just keeps adding cast members of the Wire. How cool would it be if they could add Prop Joe (seriously, was there ever a sadder death scene? There's no point in handing out awards if that actor can't win one)? I'm begging you, Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelhoff, get the guy who plays Lester Freamon onto LOST. He's the single coolest actor on TV. Throw in McNulty too.

Anyway, enough of my disjointed ramblings. There was so much in last night's ep that I am almost certainly going to have to watch it a second time just to get everything. Most interesting was this:



It's a screenshot of Jacob, from the cabin. Does he look familiar to you? What is going on?

Between LOST and the Wire, TV is at an all time high. Good thing because movies are at an all time low. Seriously, was it me or were most films last year stunningly craptacular. Is there any movie out on DVD that you would honestly choose to watch over a DVD of Arrested Development? Film is dead. Here's hoping the writer's strike ends this week and LOST can get back into production in time to complete the season.

2 comments:

smithfieldman said...

That guy looks like Jack's father. I couldn't tell when I was watching at home, but good thing for DVR, so I can go back and check it out again.

What do you think Ben meant by all the LIVING people on the island would die?

Peter FNFN said...

dude i totally saw that too... it's freakin JAck's DAD! i LOVE it!
oh, and i don't remember if I commented on your Oscar's post... but it was pretty ingenious!