Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tuesday Links and Bleats.

In the midst of what looks to be a depressing Super Tuesday, President Bashir of Sudan has promoted the Architect of the genocide in Darfur to be his Senior Advisor on Ethnic Affairs. That's kind of like making Hitler the President of the Anti-Defamation League. One of the keys to stopping this madness in Darfur is to put pressure on Sudan's greatest trading partner, China. Sometimes, the most powerful thing in the world is not money, it is your voice. Please use yours to urge your Representative to lodge a protest with China. You can help by following this link and sending the enclosed message to your representative. Remember that injustice will persist in this world as long as no one speaks out against it.

In other news, I was going to riff some more on Super Tuesday. However, Simsisms favorite LoCal blogger, Peter, has been making some good posts on the Republican race and I think they are better than anything I can come up with. I urge you to read his latest posts, here.

In the legal realm, Britney Spears' mom has taken out a restraining order on behalf of Britney against Brit's manager. Documents are available on the Smoking Gun (thank you freedom of information act). You have to read it to believe it. Available here.

Please keep literature suggestions coming. East of Eden is off to an early lead so I'll probably pick it up after I finish my current book, Michael Palin's Diary of 1969-1979. Incidentally, I'm thinking of doing an online book discussion group this summer, if I do, I might draft some of you. We'll see how much time I have.

Now go Vote for the Least Evil Candidate.

No comments: