Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Verdict on recent stories.

Today's post features review and comment on recent stories in the media.

Heath Ledger's Death.

This is just a sad, sad story. We'll probably never know what happened but the important thing is that there is a little girl who will grow up without a father, and that's just wrong. I never really watched any of his movies, but I was looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight, in which he plays the Joker. Here's hoping that it was a fitting final movie.

Final Verdict:





Totally F'd Up.


The Upcoming Election


The more I get to know these candidates the less I want any of them to be president. McCain is old, Romney is too right wing, Thompson dropped out, Huckabee is another George Bush, Hillary is evil in a pants suit, Obama is inexperienced, John Edwards is clueless and hates poor people, and Ron Paul is insane. I'm eternally grateful that I'm not registered as a member of any political party and I don't vote in Primary Elections. Every time I watch the evening news I can't help but think we're screwed.

Final Verdict:


Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.


The Price of Oil

The price of oil is outrageous, and I can't help but feel angry when I hear that oil companies are reporting record profits. The thing that really makes me angry is the hypocrisy of the government. You keep seeing senators and congressmen tsk tsking the oil companies for making money, but the government makes billions of dollars off unnecessary taxes on oil revenues, which they use to fund needless entitlements and pork barrel spending. Anyone in the government who acts outraged about the price of oil is a hypocrite. If they really cared, they'd lift the oil tax (at least 50 cents a gallon) which disproportionately affects the poor.

Final Verdict:



An outraged "Hell no!"


The Writers' Strike


People who make lots of money, griping about needing to make more money, and keeping me from enjoying my new season of LOST. Get your new media rights the DGA arranged for you and shut up about the other stuff. You're lucky that the final season of the Wire was already in the can before the strike.

Final Verdict:



Get back to writing.


The Oscars

Oscar Nominations for Zodiac- 0, Nominations for Norbit- 1.
'Nuff Said.

Final Verdict:


Oscars Never get it right.


Peter is back from Mexico and Blogging.

Peter finally got back from saving Mexico, and he's back to blogging. I urge everyone to read his blog.


Final Verdict:

"Say Hello to my Little Friend!"


3 comments:

Peter FNFN said...

HAHA! I really like your new-found style of blogging. Maybe it was a first, maybe it will be a last. Only time will tell. I'm just glad you know how to keep someone entertained, Me.
p.s. Thanks for the "Shout-Out" (as a screaming 14 yr old would say on 94.1 KISS FM as she called in her request for the new britney song... Wait? There's a new Britney song? Where's the MERCY!???)

politicchic6 said...

Heath Ledger died? With the writers on strike I apparently don't watch enough tv. As for the rest...I agree about the political candidates and the Oscars. The rest is a non issue for me.

smithfieldman said...

Did you hear that the massuese called Mary Kate Olsen instead of 911 right away, now that is messed up!
I agree about the Oscars, they never get it right.
The writers need to get back to work and start providing me endless entertainment.