Friday, January 25, 2008

House Keeping

Okay Simisms Loyalists, time for a little housekeeping.

1) Most of you have by now realized that there is no real rhyme or reason to when a new post will appear. Some weeks will have a new post every day, sometimes there won't be updates for a long time. If you are wondering how to keep up with Simsisms (and who among us hasn't been wondering about this very issue), without having to check for a blog update every day, I'd like to take this time to introduce you to RSS feeds.

If you look at the address bar at the top of you browser, you will probably see this little icon:



That's the RSS icon. If you go click on it, a little window will pop up asking you if you want to add the RSS feed of that webpage to either google reader, or your iGoogle homepage. This means, that whenever that page is updates, it will appear in your google reader or on your iGoogle homepage. I have a number of RSS feeds for blogs on my Google Homepage, generally, blogs from my friends who update more than once a month (update your blog, Jason). When there blogs are updated, it shows up on my google homepage. If you are not using google homepage, well I invite you to cancel your Juno or Prodigy account, quit posting to a BBS, and join the rest of us in the year 2008. Once Simsisms is on your homepage, you will be able to tell whenever simsisms is updated.

2) There is a new post coming on Monday, It's already written and I'll probably put it up Monday morning. Also, all my grades are in and there are some shocking results! I'll probably hit that subject in a blog next week too.

3) A lot of people have asked what I'm going to blog about this semester since all of my teachers are competent and likeable, well, I'm sure that there will be plenty to talk about in pop culture and politics, but, I'm also introducing a segment called "What's my Beef?" I'm stealing this idea from Jay Leno. He used to do a bit back in the 70's and 80's (back when he was funny) called "What's my Beef" about basically anything that had him pissed off at that time. I'll be coming up with a few myself, but I'm soliciting ideas from my loyal readers. If there's something that's got you pissed off (example, grades from a certain subject that rhymes with Spronstitutional Caw), let me know and I will blog about it. Better yet, right down your own feelings on the subject and I will happily post them here on the internets.

4) LOST begins next week. In honor of the occasion I've put a countdown clock up at the top of the blog which will stay there til Thursday night.

No comments: