Monday, February 12, 2007

Ressurection

Okay, after a very long lay off I have decided to resurrect my blog. No one is going to read it, but that's okay. The decision was made after I experienced a great tragedy in my life this past week. I'm sure many of you have gone through the same thing in the past few days. I've been trying to find ways to cope with this tremendous grief, and I think writing will be therapeutic. I'm speaking of course about the loss of one of our nation's most revered heroes, Anna Nicole Smith. I don't think anyone so singularly, and so spectacularly personified the American dream and she will be missed. Shine on, you crazy diamond! You will be missed.

I think the nations inability to cope with this loss is shocking. I'm disturbed that the flags are not at half mast, and that the media has the audacity to cover other stories. A national day of mourning should be declared. George W. Bush, I didn't think my opinion of you could get any lower, but you sir, have proven me wrong. This woman was a true societal innovator, and that should be recognized.

No comments: