Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Villain of the Day

I haven't posted a lot during the week lately, but I'm so mad about this, I couldn't help myself.

Today's villain:



Big Oil

Apparently, big oil has decided that $4 a gallon gasoline was a bad idea simply because people couldn't afford it. Nevermind all of the hardworking, decent, bankruptcy attorneys who were counting on that $4 gas to keep bankruptcy levels high. Nevermind the bankruptcy law clerks who have a newly certified Altima to pay for. No, big oil, in its heartless depravity just cast these people aside and decided to lower prices and charge less for oil simply because $4 gas meant people "couldn't afford it." Some of these greedy, moustache twirling oil fat cats are even predicting gas might go as low as $3.50 a gallon by Labor Day! $3.50?!? What are bankruptcy workers supposed to do if people can actually afford the things they buy? What did I ever do to you Exxon-Mobile? Did I ever lay a gigantic steamer on your life? Why must you lay one on mine? Oil companies lowering gas prices is the economic equivalent of the Joker's "Magic Trick." Well guess what, big oil. That pencil was my hopes and dreams, and you are making it disappear. Nice Trick! Hang your head in shame.

Full story here.

3 comments:

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Don't worry, they'll lower it just long enough to get everyone "needing" it again. Your business will again boom.

Candice Lynn said...

When I read your first blog about "The Dark Knight" and your reference to the magic trick, I went to the movie thinking, "I wonder if I'll know which magic trick he is talking about?" Little did I know there would be no need to entertain such thoughts-lovely analogy.

Candice Lynn said...

Fleetwood Mac is back in the studio and planning a tour for next year!