Monday, August 27, 2007

Darfur

I've made the occasional reference to Darfur in the past, and for those of you who know me, you know that I feel strongly that the world's failure to intervene there is just unconscionable. It's one of the few socially responsible positions that I hold. I know a lot of people have no idea what's going on there and I saw a pretty good breakdown of the situation today and posted it on my Facebook page. However, I know that some people stubbornly refuse to enter the 21st century and sign up for facebook (I'm not going to mention anyone specific, I don't want to embarrass Michelle) so I thought that I would post the link here.

The situation in Darfur briefly explained:

http://awesome.goodmagazine.com/transparency/006/trans006tellmemore.html

3 comments:

politicchic6 said...

Hey, some people are taking baby steps to facebook. As for Darfur. Really, when is Clooney ever right about anything?

smithfieldman said...

Not only Clooney, but Jolie and Pitt. If only they had been around during Ahmin's regime.
Again I ask, what is wrong with Africa?

slipperyjim said...

hum... Don't you think US hands are tied? Get rid of a ***** in Iraq and have to deal with world backlash (not to mention Democrat vomit) for years. And we all know that the United Nations, as an organization, is the biggest joke ever created.

Mean stab at pie-in-the-sky liberal intellectuals and politicals: what ever happend to all those noble savages over in Africa?