Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Once again, this Blog is brought to you courtesy of boredom. First, let me respond to some of the comments left on my last blog.

1) There are no slutty girls in Victoria Secret. Trust me.

2) I've been using the numbered format for letters, diary entries, etc., since I lived in Brazil 6 years ago. I stole the format from no one.

Onto the main point of todays blog, which is the rise and fall of Steven Soderberg, and no I don't care if I spelled his name right, so don't bother commenting on that. I just finished watching Ocean's 12 and all I could think of the whole time was "This is the guy who made the Limey?" Unbelievable. I firmly believe that George Clooney is ruining steven Soderberg. I think that George might be Steven's Yoko Ono. I believe that all of us have a Yoko Ono, kind of like an anti-soulmate, that actually brings us down and saps our creativity. Look at the movies Soderberg made before Ocean's Eleven, and the ones he has made since. The difference is staggering. The difference is almost as striking as Eddie Murphy movies from the eighties and Eddie Murphy movies in the nineties. Ocean's Eleven was fun, but hardly at the same level as Traffic, or the Limey. Did anyone even see Solaris or Full Frontal (memo to HBO: don't show Full Frontal after midnight. When you turn on HBO late night, and something called Full Frontal is supposed to be on, you kind of expect something other than an art house movie). Bottom line, Steven, please, go back and make edgy movies. Your biopic on Che Guevarra can't come out fast enough. Please, I like George Clooney (by the way, I'm decreeing that ER ended when he left the show. The seasons after that never happened, can't we all agree on this?) but move on. Make movies with someone else. Accept that you and George are the cinematic equivalent of the Plastic Ono Band. You are a better director than the movies that you are making. Don't let success go to your head. Don't be the next Spielberg, or Lucas.

Thanks all, if I get a chance I will update later this week, Hopefully about some upcoming CD's.

3 comments:

smithfieldman said...

I don't think I have a Yoko, or better yet she has not entered into my life yet. It is tragic really because without Yoko noone ever breaks up. Well Darblyg if I don't post a comment again this week which I think I most likely will, I just wish you a Happy Birthday and a very fun time at the movies.

www.jonpinney.com said...

Well, I think the great thing about Ocean's twelve (besides Catherine Z Jones) was that it was like an inside joke. unfortunately most people didn't feel in on it. but I liked it.
Anyway darbley, you mentioned new cd's. I feel it necessary to mention that MC has a new great one, and a band called Mae.

kittykat5000 said...

I still think that Yoko was the greatest thing to ever happen to the Beatles...just kidding. Stupid whore. The best thing that Yoko ever brought us, and no I was not thinking it was Julian Lennon, was the jokes that come from her evilness and ability to destroy anything that this world holds sacred. I mean, we wouldn't have Spinal Tap without the jab at Yoko...a certain couple we all know and love would not be as interesting to us if we couldn't refer to one of the members as Yoko...think about it.