Thursday, February 19, 2009

Poverty Watch

Yet another reason why you are screwed:

Just as everyone who ever picked up an econ book has predicted, printing massive amounts of cash has caused inflation. Almost a full percentage point in the month of January. If inflation continues to rise at its present rate, we'll be looking at about 10% inflation this year. That's assuming things don't get worse, which they will every time the government decides that the solution to our problems is to spend money that doesn't exist rather than make real meaningful changes to the way we live.

Oh, and still more people lost their jobs. Details here.

2 comments:

politicchic6 said...

I am glad that I watched Duck Tales as a child and learned that there is no way to fight inflation... not even a spray that the Beagle Brothers are selling.

slipperyjim said...

I have started printing my own money. It's really fun. I'm a millionaire.