Monday, May 12, 2008

The Munchkins

Sorry for the long delay between posts. Basically, I've been swamped. The new bankruptcy job has totally taken over my free time. It's fun though and hopefully I'll be doing the raging workaholic thing all summer at the bankruptcy firm . Thankfully, the economy is tanking and people are losing everything they've worked their whole lives for at a record rate. Fingers crossed, it will continue for years. If only George Bush could run for another term...

Went home this weekend and spent time with two of my favorite peeps, Thomas and Emma. Skipped my Saturday run and worked on the heavy bag instead. My doctor thinks I don't deal with stress in a healthy way, this photo may show that he's right. It's my hand the morning after. The big red spots are where my knuckles started bleeding and I kept hitting the bag anyway.



What anger management problem?

Had a lot of fun with Thomas and Emma. Emma is totally crazy. As David says it, "She thinks she's people" and loves to have all kinds of conversations. She's very inquisitive. She also loves to be involved. She told us all about her sunbeams class, and the stickers she got. She very enthusiastically told us how the Primary told her that she was "a new visitor" and she just loved that the Primary sang the "Welcome" song to her. Job well done Monica Ward Primary, Emma was very happy and felt very well treated. Emma also discovered the joy of Lincoln logs.




Incidentally, Lincoln Logs were tailor made for the Sims children. Emma loves to spread them around the floor and make a mess, and Thomas like to put things back in containers, so he just cleaned up after her and thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Here Emma shows off her new wonder pets coloring book. Grandma and Papa hook their grandchildren up. Thomas got a puppy coloring book, however he finds the crayons far more interesting.



Emma and Thomas also got a kick out of a stuffed dog Papa bought for Grandma a few years back. If you push a button the dog sings and plays "Stop, In the Name of Love." Needless to say, the children loved that toy and if I ever here that song again I might light myself on fire.



Most of the weekend I spent chasing after Thomas and we became buds. We bonded over similar interests. Our mutual love of cheerios and animal crackers, the toy where the beads are on a looped wire and you push them around like a roller coaster, stairs, ramps, and a mutual disdain of pants. My genius nephew has figured out how to ditch his pants and tends to do so as soon as no one is looking. He also showed us his latest trick: reading. He can name all the capital letters of the alphabet on sight. It's pretty much his favorite thing to do. He will read the letters off to you on stop signs, license plates, or books. We sat in the hallway of church and he read the letters on the EXIT sign off to me. "This is an E....This is an X," in his barely decipherable toddler voice. I'm not making any of this up. He's one and a half and he can read letters. He loves to point out anything else he knows the name for, like door, toothbrush, water, and doggy. Oh, and he loves to climb on things. We had such a fun time together. What a cool little kids. Here's some pics of my bud:










Also, before I forget, congrats to everyone who is getting married or got married recently. Corey and Jen, thanks for the invite, the party was slamming. Sorry about wrinkling the bed in the back.
Congrats to Jen Kirk, Congrats to Will, and Big Congrats to Sarah and Danny, hope to hear the date soon. Michelle, if you have anything you should care to announce...

That's all for now folks. I need to do something with my hair soon so I look a little more presentable to clients. Apparently the long haired, homeless hippie look is out this year. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Catch you on the other side of finals!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! Thanks! We'll have a date today so check back. Oh and I think your doctor might be right about the stress management. Taking things a little too far, eh?

Peter FNFN said...

your doctor must have his own problems with dealing with stress. rather than blisters on my knuckles, i have blisters on my feet from too much basketball. i wish i lived somewhere with pickup soccer games as easy to find as pickup basketball games are here.... i'd love that.

nephews and nieces are the greatest, aren't they? tyler's wife katy, and my older sis heidi both recently announced they're pregnant again! crap

p.s. well done messing up the bed. you homeless home wrecker.

Hamlet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hamlet said...

Why so angry? I always thought you were the mild mannered Bradley. Leading me to also think you were a super hero. But now that I see that your hands can be hurt, I was wrong...I will have to find my archnemisis elsewhere. :(

stewedslacker said...

Well...
Nephews and nieces are cute. Anger can be useful (the hulk). And well, shave your head, that's what I do.

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

Your niece & nephew sure are cute.

As for the blisters on your hands, I guess with enough running, you'd get them on your feet, so take your pick, right!

politicchic6 said...

You DO deal with stress in unhealthy ways. Let me introduce you to a friend of mine. His name is Chocolate Chip Cookie and he has pulled me through many a jam.

Also...no news on the M word front. You know I am a commitment-phobe.