Thursday, May 10, 2007

I survived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't think I'd make it, but I managed to survive a year in law school. I took my last final earlier today and I've never studied so hard in my life. Here's the rundown on tests and how they went.

First Test: Civil Procedure

The bad thing about a good teacher is that everyone actually learns, so competition is more intense. I felt good about this testbut so did everyone else. Plus, last semester, my buddy Caleb knew this exact subject backwards and forwards, and taught it to me the day before the final and I got a better grade than him. Thus, there is negative Karma attached to this subject and I am not confident in my performance.

Predicted Grade: B-

Second Test: Property

This test was crazy. I mean just unreal. There were 9 different people I had to keep track of and just thinking about it made me dizzy. Also, in retrospect, not paying attention in class and not reading the assigned cases for the entire semester may have been a slight tactical error. However, the teacher is probably one of the nicest professors, and unlike most of my prof's I believe he might actually have a soul. This leads me to believe there might be a generous curve.

Predicted Grade: B-

Third Test: Constitutional Law

Four months and I honestly can't tell you anything about Con Law. Nothing. Have no idea what is in the constitution, no clue how that document applies to law in general. I do know that Roe v. Wade does not find a fundamental right to abortion. Unfortunately, that question was not asked on the test. I had no idea what any of the answers were and couldn't even begin to answer them. My answers were mostly incoherent and my analysis was nonexistent. On the bright side, everyone else in the class felt pretty much the same way.

Predicted Grade: C+

Fourth Test: Contracts

You know that you are going to get a bad grade on a law school test if you finish early. It will be a miracle if I pass this test. This test is best described as the spawn set forth from the unholy union of Satan and the Beast. I'm pretty sure it was worth 666 points, for a total of 66.6% of my final grade. I was so stressed about this test that I briefly went crazy and hallucinated that I could breath through my eyelids and every time I blinked was like an asthma attack, and it was still more pleasant than taking this test.

Expected Grade: Couldn't even guess.

In other news, I've actually decided to use my facebook page, so if you have facebook I will be keeping up with you there.

Also, Rocco Deluca and the Burden are my new favorite band. Their single is spinning on MTV and their CD is that good. There is a shortage of good slide guitar players in my generation and this dude is sorely needed. Derek Trucks can't be carrying the legacy by himself peeps! Anyway, the band is good, though they are probably more famous for their manager. You may have heard of him, he's on a little show called 24, playing the rather minor role of Jack Bauer. That's right, Jack Freaking Bauer, when not attaching electrodes to the swimsuit areas of terrorists, manages Rocco Deluca. If you've ever wondered what the dude grooves to in the car on the way to foil an assassination attempt while saving his inept daughter from mountain lion attacks, now you know. Listen to Colourful and see if you don't feel like you could take on the terrorists singlehandedly.

I'm finally listening to Fall Out Boy's last album. It's been on my list of things to listen to for literally months (the CD's been out long enough to have 3 singles!). I'm listening to it as I type. It's pretty good, I'd rate it as a better album than From under a Cork Tree, but it's still not as good as Take This To Your Grave. I should probably have made it a point to listen to this sooner, but these guys are too mainstream to make it a priority. I honestly wish the band hadn't gotten so big, and part of me wishes they would pull a Pearl Jam and maybe lower their profile. Still, as long as they keep punching out catchy songs with witty titles I'm there. Memo to their guitarist: Washburn Guitars? Are you kidding me?

All right kids, I am off to Bakersfield on Saturday. I may blog while there, but make no promises.

4 comments:

smithfieldman said...

Glad you survived and I think you passed all your tests although I skipped most of that reading. Jack Bauer is freaking awesome and there is some documentary or something with him and that band.

Unknown said...

The Documentary is also called "I trust you to kill me" which the same title of their album.

politicchic6 said...

I do like Rocco... and I have seen snippets of the documentary, though I appreciate "Jack Bauer" more from such greats like Young Guns and Dark City.

Law School sounds like it sucks. Have fun next year!

Unknown said...

Young Guns is a sadly under-rated movie. It represents some of the best work by many of a generations finest acting talents. I may have to go rent it.