Saturday, June 14, 2008

Running Blog

I was sick last week so I had to skip my saturday run. This week was a nice and easy week, just trying to ease back in to running after several days off.


So, not quite as much as a while ago, but still a decent distance.

Decided to put up a photo journal of today's run.

Here I am before running in all my glory:



All I can say is, by runner's standards, there shorts are modest, so don't make fun.

Remember 80% of running is proper nutrition:



I know what you you are thinking, and yes, they do all taste awful (except for the tylenol, which tastes minty). So what? What's your point? True men do not eat for pleasure, they eat for sustenance! They eat so that they have the energy to fight on! They eat because their food contains caffeine and there's nothing quite like a caffeine rush to get you going again after 10 miles. Mmmmmmmmmmmm........caffeine.

Here's a quick thermometer check for you:



Some people, namely doctors, will tell you it's too hot to run outside when the weather is like this. Well what do doctors know? Most doctors will tell you that people came from monkeys. Well guess what, doctors? I happen to notice that Monkeys live in Africa, where it is really hot as well, and you never hear of Monkeys getting heat stroke, do you? So which is it, doctors? Are we non-heat stroke prone monkeys or the children of a divine creator who also created SPF 30? Nice try, you godless sodomite MD's!

Here's a picture of the Pittman Wash, the starting point of my little jog today:



And lastly, here is me striking a superman pose after running 14.4 miles. See, I'm ready to go again.



Hmmmmm....looks like it's time to start doing a few crunches. And lift weights.


All right kids, that's it for the running blog. Catch ya later.

P.S. Viva la Vida and Speed of Sound are the same song. Am I the only one who notices this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

4 comments:

smithfieldman said...

Good job on the running. I can't believe you eat that stuff.

politicchic6 said...

Nice shirtless pictures. And yes, those ARE modest running cloths.

stewedslacker said...

Wow, you are a nutty SOB> But I respect that. I think that you are willow thin, therefore in smashing running shape. I gained 3 pounds in Peru due to nonstop eating. I love some of thier food.

Adrienne said...

That looks so awesome! I'm impressed. Someday I'll post my running pictures but I've got several more months of running before such things appear in cyberspace.